Why Organic Cotton is a Sustainable Choice in Garment Production
Indispensable for the textile industry, cotton, what we look back and contribute to us
However; Fertilization and pesticide use in conventional cotton production cause damage to the soil and beneficial bacteria in the soil. While it harms biodiversity, which is part of the ecological system, it also causes excessive water use. In conventional production, 100% cotton product; While 73% is cotton, the remaining 27% contains chemicals and binders. In every product we buy, these binding substances and chemicals penetrate our skin and create a carcinogenic effect.
The GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certificate provides the consumer with the assurance of the stages of the products from the raw material to the labeling process. While the producers with this certificate secure their products, they have also proven their organic production and can take place in many markets.
So what can we do? We can support this production by choosing organic cotton products that respect nature and natural resources, without causing soil pollution and water use damage during the production process. We can contribute to the future by ensuring that every product we buy is produced with sustainable technology. We should not forget that with this production technology, 434 liters per t-shirt is produced. Less water consumption is provided.
While making you feel more comfortable and relaxed during the day with the sensitive effect of products produced with GOTS certified organic on our skin, you also contribute to the recycling you will present to nature. Underwear, t-shirts and bustiers, which are made of basic items made of organic cotton, do not contain chemicals that harm your skin, and provide support for every step required for a sustainable wardrobe.